Sunday, October 24, 2010

2010 -A very good year

I would have to say that I am delighted with the way things went for me during 2010 beginning with Meath Oral History with Maurice O'Keefe and winning the battle of the books would have been great but to get published in The Meath Anthology and get 3rd prize in the Swift satire and get to be guest reader at the White House in Limerick was really great but there was more to come and in August I got a certificate of Merit from the Golden Pen and winning the Poet of Fingal in Swords for the third time was followed by publication in the Stony Thursday Book, being through to the Finals of the Bard of Armagh and the latest being shortlisted in the Saggart Arts Competition.

Of course there were several other lesser moments such as the publication of my twelfth book 'With the Boyne Through Trim' and the launch of the Children's Anthology.
The highlights for me were publication in The Meath Anthology, The Stony Thursday Book while winning the Poet of Fingal and being invited to be guest reader at the White House were memorable. All in all a great year so far.







2 comments:

  1. Well done Tommy great achievement. You should be made a Freeman of Trim like Pierce Brosnan was made a Freeman of Navan. Maybe Minister Noel Dempsey should set the ball rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael I don't know about that, still, I can't complain I have three letters of congratulation form the town council and I also got the Millennium award
    Tommy

    ReplyDelete

The site is now open to comments