Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Picking a Title

Picking a title for a collection of poems is just about one of the most difficult things that any poet will have to do.  For two years now I have been selecting poems for a new collection, yet with each new poem the title becomes harder to nail down.  There will always be one or two poems that just don't fit in, causing the whole collection to be less cohesive upsetting the narrow theme, too self explanatory or too vague.  I can safely say that I have spent as much time in picking titles as i have writing a collection.   I am well aware that my title will have to be above all imaginative,  creative, original, unique and I will have too be one hundred per cent happy with it. and that is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The site is now open to comments