Saturday, February 11, 2012

Poem of the Month

Delighted to see that Adam Rudden of Lapwing has chosen my poem Butterfly as poem of the month for February.  It is included in my new collection 'Swimming with Dolphins

The poem is reproduced here 

Butterfly

It isn’t easy
Trying to make sense
Of these impromptu
Little sketches

And I need more
Than a fleeting glimpse
To appreciate the subtly
Of these ostentatious moments

Unless you’re trying to tell me
That I too
Might one day
Emerge from the darkness

That I too
Would have my
Twenty seconds of summer
And walk in a world
Beyond my wildest dreams




Copyright © Tommy Murray 2012
All rights reserved
The author has asserted her/his right under Section 77
of the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988
to be identified as the author of this work.

2 comments:

The site is now open to comments