Saturday, June 30, 2012

Taking a Break


Taking a Break?

Today Saturday was the last meeting of The Juniors in the Navan Library so it’s off to Limerick for a few days before The Battle of the Books next Sunday.  I expect to get a better idea as to how my second poetry collection is doing.  It is not available in the shops in Trim and sales haven’t suffered as a result of this, as a matter of fact I sold more copies individually around the town as a result of not having it in local shops. For me every copy sold is a triumph.   The main reason for this is that Poetry is not everyone’s cup of tea.   It would be a different matter for books other that poetry and if I decide to bring my ‘Ghost Stories of County Meath’ for a Halloween launch out then it will be in the shops.    In fact a number of shops have enquired about its progress.  The reason for the delay is that it is just another factor that is waylaying me from writing poetry and the poetry comes first.  I have loads of sponsorship for the book so I will have to make a decision sooner rather than later.   I have entered poems in a few competitions (making sure that they are not just fund raising ventures) however, I will support even fund raising ventures at the risk of getting yet another Certificate of Merit.  Looking ahead to September I have a number of schools lined up for a visit including Moynalvey and Kilmessan and St. Josephs in Navan.   However, that’s all in September in the meantime I had better get writing and try and produce a few poems over the summer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The site is now open to comments